Wednesday, January 9, 2019

I raise a Hallelujah!!!

I had begun digging into my Bible more regularly in September, even writing down my prayers. And then I stopped in December. What happened? I would wake up knowing that I needed to read, knowing that I needed to dig deep but it was superficial. I started slowly to begin again but it wasn't like it was. I was letting satan's lies once again take hold. The busyness of Christmas came and went.... 

A few days after Christmas I started several devotions in my Bible app. That's where I found a devotion where it said we needed to dig deep and plant our feet on solid ground, Jesus Christ. His mercies are new every morning, through the things that life throws at us we aren't supposed to allow them to consume us. I never wanted my suffering to become my unbelief. Something clicked, there lay my answer!! I knew this, I've known this but why had I forgotten!!! That's why God tells us every moment of every day be in constant prayer, constant communication with Him! It is all to easy for us to become lost again, filled with satan's lies but every time God will be there waiting. LEAN ON HIM!!!! CRY OUT TO HIM!!!!

Yesterday morning I had asked God to show me if I was on the right track.... Later in the morning I received an encouraging message on Instagram from a stranger encouraging me to push on even when it gets hard, knowing that what lies ahead will be worth the suffering now. 

This morning my eyes went to this verse (mind you it wasn't even in the devotion), "God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns." Psalms 46:5. Right there, His promise spoke volumes to me!! God was showing me that He is holding me, helping me. I only need to cry out, to dig deep into His words. 



And then YouTube pops up on my phone (I hardly ever get notifications from it so this was very odd), it was notifying me of a song from Bethel called "I raise a Hallelujah". What perfect timing does our Lord have!!!

So friends, in the midst of satan's lies, what the world expects of us and life demands of us, cry out to Jesus!! With every moment we can be tossed about or we can be sure in Christ our Solid Rock. The doubts that come are not meant to stay but we allow them to take refuge in our soul. These doubts eat at our confidence making us question what God has promised us. He hasn't called us to live in the darkness, wandering around aimlessly. Ask Him to show you today, listen for His voice, dig deep into the Bible. Don't over complicate it by trying to find the perfect thing, just dig!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment